hickstead schooling RULES
- Riding hats that adhere to the current BE safety standards, with no fixed peak must be worn.
- Body protectors that adhere to the current BE safety standards must be worn.
- Failure to wear correct safety equipment will void any insurance and result in the rider being ejected from the facility.
- Each booking is for one hour, starting at the time stated in your booking confirmation.
- Pre-paid advanced bookings only. NO cash on the day.
- Riders must be accompanied by an adult over 18, either on foot or mounted.
- No dogs in the arena.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times when on the showground.
- Users must thoroughly poo pick after using the facilities, tools and skips are provided.
- Parking is on the hard standing car park only. NO parking on the grass.
- No mucking out lorries or trailers anywhere on site.
- Car parks must be poo-picked.
- Riders and their companions must co-operate with other riders sharing the facility.
- Any bad behaviour or language towards other users or staff will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate suspension or ban.
- Damage to fences must be reported, you will not be charged.
- Fences must be checked before they are jumped, to check they are safe and the rider understands the obstacle.
- Flags must be replaced when knocked out.
- Do not jump a flagged obstacle in the wrong direction.
- Do not jump a fence with crossed flags.
- Do not jump a fence that is beyond your capability.
- Hickstead Ltd reserves the right to close the facility with no notice and stop any current hire, for reasons including, (but not restricted to): Health and safety, adverse weather conditions, emergency circumstances.
Hickstead Ltd has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the horse and rider. It is your responsibility to take precautions to prevent accidents. Hickstead Ltd reserves the right to remove riders from the facilities. Money will not be refunded. Hickstead Ltd does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury or illness to horses, riders or any other persons or property whatsoever. No rider will be allowed onto the course unless these terms and conditions are accepted.
All data is held for Hickstead Ltd by Acuity Scheduling in their secure database.
Data is held for clients to make re-bookings more straight forward and to enable us to contact you in an emergency situation.
Hickstead Ltd do not share data or allow access to the data to any third parties.
Client data is not used for advertising purposes.
Client data may be used to send an Hickstead Ltd newsletter regarding the facilities and the horses in training with us.
Client may request access to their data at any time and may request for it to be removed.
All requests should be sent to email@example.com and will be actioned within 48hrs
Hickstead Ltd is the provider / operator of the facilities and not running classes and/or providing training. Hickstead Ltd carries insurance to cover the risk of providing the facility.
Any trainer / hirer need to carry their own Public Liability insurance for the activity they are running, and are not covered under Hickstead Ltd’s policy.
To cancel please contact the office: 01273 834315
a) Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will not receive any refund or credit on their account.
b) Cancellations with more than 24 hours notice will be refunded in the form of a future booking or voucher to be redeemed at a future date for the same value as the original booking.
c) Exclusive hire – Bookings for exclusive hire can be booked with a non-refundable 25% deposit. The full amount must be settled two weeks prior to the booking. If bookings are not paid they will be cancelled. Bookings can be rescheduled at no extra charge.